Theater Camp at Tropical Camping is a way for kids to experience theater at a young age. With theater, they also get to explore themselves, their personality and capabilities. The theater workshop focuses of creating fun activities for kids through experiential learning. Some of the activities the kids will be doing at the camp will be
- Team games – Games intended to build team spirit
- Improvisation activities – Improvisation is a key aspect of theater and the ability certainly helps you in day-to-day life. This activity will help kids think on their feet and improvise on a given topic
- Trust building games – These activities include team games that help build trust between teams.
- Confidence building games – Activities that help kids learn to believe in themselves and not wait for others to instruct them on what to do.
- A performance at the end of the camp – each group will be doing a performance at the end of the second day.
The camp is for every one and we don’t want any child to feel left out. With that in mind, the medium of instruction will be a mix of English, Hindi and Marathi and tweaked and fine-tuned as required based on the response of the children.
Camping activities – The kids will also experience camping first hand. Activities like pitching tents, setting up tents, enjoying campfire time etc. will add to the fun.
The workshop will be conducted by the young and dynamic team from E.Sense – Neha and Harshad. Both Neha and Harshad have been associated with theater for over 10 years now.
Neha is a HR professional and has worked with multiple associations such as PDA, IPTA, Black Box Creations, etc. Harshad is a IT professional and has been an actor and a director for mutiple plays.
Know more about them here
Campsite and Facilities
The camp site will have the following features and amenities for children’s enjoyment, comfort and safety.
- Children Friendly staff: In addition to Neha and Harshad, we will have Manasee and Vrushank (the campsite owners) as support staff for the camp and will stay overnight as campers with the children.
- Vegetarian Food: All the meals will have vegetarian food served which will be specially catered to the liking of the kids. We love to promote healthy food habits and hence junk / oily food will be avoided.
- Camping Equipment: The camping equipment includes, tents, sleeping bags and foam matting. This will ensure a comfortable sleeping environment for the children. Depending on the grouping of children, and tent sizes a tent will have anywhere from 3 (4 person tents) to 6 children (8 person tents) in a tent.
- Clean Toilets and Showers: The sanitation facilities provided to the young campers are will be extremely hygienic and clean.
Click on this link to open the location in your mapping application – https://goo.gl/maps/5gQj1sSTHwp
Below are detailed directions from Abhiruchi Mall Sinhagad Road
- Continue towards Sinhagad Fort on Sinhagad Road from Abhiruchi Mall
- Pass the khadakwasla backwaters on your right
- Reach Donaje Village
- Take a right towards Panshet from Donaje Village
- Within 1.5 km, take a left towards Paigudewadi – This is the first left on the Panshet Road
- Continue on this road for another 2 km and take a right (upslope) into the Paigudewadi village
- Follow the road to Tropical Camping